Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trying on Dresses

My first dress experience was after our engagement shower in Colorado. My mom and I were so excited, we were going to go try on dresses then go and see 27 Dresses as it just hit the theaters.

We woke up to this:


And it was even worse! Thankfully my father has a HUGE car and drove us to the wedding shop.

I loved walking in the store, looking and touching the gowns and saying “I’ll try on that one.” You kind of feel like Pretty Woman, being catered to and having everything done for you, it was great! The trying on part - that was kind of great. I am not a teeny tiny, pint-sized girl. Some of the samples didn’t fit, man it kills your ego. But the sales woman was nice enough to tell me, most people don’t fit in them as they are made for models. Her comment made me feel a little better.

My mom and I didn’t really have a budget in mind, or anything that we wanted to try. We just wanted to put me in dresses.

It was fun! I tried on some beautiful gowns, they felt so good against my skin! Knowing the wedding was more than a year-and-a-half away though, my mom and I didn’t want to purchase anything, since it was the first dress shopping experience. So we left empty handed, and had a great lunch talking about how excited we were about the upcoming year and all the planning, and what dress styles we liked, etc. The snow kept falling all the while. My father came to pick us up in the trusty big car, and then we went home. We had to cancel our plans for 27 Dresses because of the snow, which really bummed us out! But at least we tried on dresses!

No comments: