Thursday, January 8, 2009

Heart Breaks

The excitement. The Love. The Thrill. The Chase. The Heart Break!

No, I am not talking about relationships before Mr. B, I am talking about the venue search. It hurt a lot, but in the end I am back in love!

Let me start by showing you my first heartbreak.

As we had already decided, our wedding guest list was on the larger side… that cut down numerous venues to visit. And I am a little odd, as I did not want to look at hotel ballrooms. Due to my job, I work in quite a few hotel ballrooms throughout the US, and they are all beautiful, but sadly I associate it with work. I did not want my wedding day to feel like work! So with that rule, I cut the list in half again. So thanks to Mr. B for all the wedding magazines I started to look at the list of places we could go and see.

First on the list, this beautiful golf course/country club:


It had a beautiful setting, a tent (I love tents!) and a beautiful view of Boston!

Then the heart break came. I called to get pricing. Another thing that you run into with a larger wedding, the price per person makes a BIG difference! They were a little out of our budget… we didn’t even go and look.

Anyone else have heart break?

No comments: