Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spreading the Word

Martha, Martha, Martha - how wonderful are you?

After choosing the dress styles and colors for my wedding party, I wanted to send them something that had the swatches and pictures of the dress choices. In stepped Martha Stewart (via a poster on wedding bee).

Martha had information on creating Bridesmaid Fashion Cards (link here) and I loved them.


I followed the directions off of Martha for the most part, but added a few other items. The front of the card listed each bridesmaid's name, the dress information, what type of jewelery to wear, and when the dresses would have to be ordered. On the far right I also put the contact information of every bridesmaid, in case they need to get a hold of one another.

I did find the template a little difficult to use on my computer so I created one in word. Here is what mine ended up looking like:




I copied the photos off of Aria's website that showed the 4 choices of dress the girls could choose from, and placed a small envelope with the 2 swatches in it so they could see the colors.




On the back of the card I listed Aria's store information and how to call for a home try-on since they only have 3 showrooms in the US.


I typed up a fun intro card explaining what it was the card had, and thanked everyone again for being in our wedding. I also included a fun "what not to wear" in the shoes department. Each of the bridesmaids can choose the style of shoe they would like to wear, my only request is open toe and strapy - but not hooker shoes!


I then put them all in a fun envelope and sealed them with a sticker that said "You can so wear it again!"

They were fun to make, and I think they turned out pretty cute!

No comments: