Thursday, January 8, 2009

Heart Breaks #2 and #3

After the golf course idea crashed, we started to toy with the idea of going to Cape Cod. I have never been to the Cape, but have seen photos and love weddings on the beach! I found this beautiful, wonderful site, and I was in LOVE! I fell in love with Chatham Bars Inn:

(photo from Brides.com)


Amazing – I could picture us getting married, saying our vows, and dancing by the ocean. Little did I know that this is one of the most expensive places on the Cape! I called, and almost had a heart attack at the price. I even asked for off season pricing – that didn’t help much at all – there was no discount. I guess a place that is this beautiful can absolutely do that.

So I continued to look into the beach idea. I found this beauty in Newport, RI – I had stumbled on this site many times before we were engaged and absolutely loved it.














What’s not to love? It’s on the water, it is simply beautiful – and we can have fire pits! I love fire pits! I loved it! S’more favors - how awesome would that be? Couldn’t you see all our guests around a fire, roasting marshmallows? I could and I did love it.


Then came the price, and again – heart break. Why oh why can’t I win the lotto?!

No comments: