Thursday, January 8, 2009

Freak Out

I had a wedding day freak out. Our original plan was to get married at the venue outside in the wonderful courtyard. And then today it rained. Not just a light sprinkle of rain, but a massive down poor. And I freaked!
I started freaking out about our wedding day - even though it is a long ways away, I freaked! The back up plan at the venue is to have the ceremony in the tent. Umm, good back up plan, but I didn't like it. Little known fact about me is I was a Debutante in Denver in 1998. We were presented to society and I wore a wedding dress. Yes, a wedding dress. The presentation was outside at a lovely, beautiful club, and it never rained on the Ball Day.... except for my year. It poured and made everything move inside. I do not want that to happen on my wedding day! The next time I wear a wedding dress, I will be where I should be regardless of (and without) weather!

That made Mr. B and I start talking about alternatives. We love Newburyport in the North Shore of Boston. During the summer we love to go up, have dinner and visit the wonderful town. Right in the center of town is a beautiful church that has a steeple. I absolutely loved the steeple. I started to research it, and low and behold you do not need to be a member to be married in it. We could also bring an outside person to marry us! We went to see the church, and this is what we saw:






I loved it! It was built in 1801 as a meeting house, and still has little doors on the pews and some pews still have the bread shelf that people used when at church.

Coming from the West Coast we don't have too many old, unique buildings. I loved it! And best of all we can take photos down by the water before heading to the reception!

Did anyone else have a freak out that changed your original plan?

No comments: