Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's a Date!

So we were engaged the end of October, I started a new job on November 14, and my father had heart surgery in between. Needless to say, it was a crazy fall.

To help, or keep my mind off things, the event planner side of me kicked in and started freaking out about all the things we had to do. Mr. B thought I was crazy, but I think in the long run he appreciated me getting the big things booked.

First thing first, we had to decide on a date. I have always loved fall weddings, but low and behold, I am marrying a sports fan – not just any spots fan – a Red Sox fan. If there are any “Sports Fan” wives/girlfriends out there, I know you hear me! My family and I often joke that my relationship is similar to Fever Pitch, but without the Red Sox items everywhere, or the season tickets! With Mr. B being a huge sports fan, October was out. I just had a vision of the Red Sox making the playoffs, and no one would come to the wedding – not even the groom!




August was the next month in question. In Boston, summer is beautiful, the colors pop, and it is warm. However, I realized that an August wedding was less than a year away. I know many people get married in less than a year, but I am a little stress ball, and that would just stress me out. Also, the groom had to finish grad school and wouldn't be done until May. I did mention we could wait and do an August 2009 wedding. Mr. B was very cute and replied he couldn’t wait until August ’09 to marry me, he has been waiting long enough. So, the date question continued.

Then it dawned on us -- Memorial Day weekend in 2009! It was perfect, we met that weekend at a party (more to come on that), family and friends could travel and see Boston, and we were planning early enough that we could choose all the best vendors and not worry about the “I am sorry we are booked” answers we did not want to receive.

How did you decided on your date?

No comments: