Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love at Last!

Was I discouraged? Sure. Was I beat down? Yup. But did I stop? Not at all! Like any bride, I went to the trusty bridal magazines and their back pages and started looking at the chart – you know the one that has all of the reception sites with size of halls, pricing etc.

I then stumbled across the two seemingly perfect sites: an old estate and a beautiful room on the water.










Next step, we set up appointments to view both venues. First was the beautiful old estate. It is a 100-year-old estate nestled in a state park, but it just opened for events in the summer of 2007 so it would be a unique visit for most of our guests. There was a tent (again I love tents!), and the tent had a cement floor. We could have the ceremony on site, they only held one wedding a day, had beautiful lawns, and a really unique setting. We both left there loving it.

Then came the beautiful place by the water. This venue had an amazing deck, a beautiful chandelier, a great bar (Mr. B could order any beer on tap), and it would be all ours for the day! We left there in awe of the place.

Then the debate began. What I wanted, and what he wanted.

It was our first argument as an engaged couple about the wedding. Who won? I’ll tell you soon!

Did anyone else have a healthy debate about their wedding venue?

No comments: