Thursday, January 8, 2009

How We Met

Mr. B’s brother, S, was hosting a party over Memorial Day weekend in 2003. My friend from grad school, Miss KR, invited me to meet her "preppy" cousin, Mr. B. Well, Mr. B did not arrive in the predicted khakis and popped collar polo; instead, he showed up in a worn-out DATD* t-shirt. Regardless, it appeared that a match was in the making.

Anyway, after discussing molecular physics and advanced game theory for a little while -- or nothing remotely close to that – Mr. B asked me for my number. Mr. B ended up throwing out my number accidentally while cleaning and had to get it back. Once he recovered my phone number he gave me a call, and the rest is history. Oh, wait – Mr. B also had to cancel the first date twice, but sometime after that it began. Moving on...


* DATD = Day after Thanksgiving Day –a party one of Mr. B’s friends hosts every year, it is a big deal with the Boston Boys.


No comments: